Well we are officially a family of three! Okay...four (I can't forget about Jake!). Shaun was three weeks old on Sunday. It's hard to believe that he will be a month old next week! Where does the time go???
So I have decided to start a blog so that family and friends that live far away can keep up with our new life as parents and can watch little Shaun as he grows and changes.Although I had a baby website I am new to this whole blogging thing so bear with me.
A quick update on me...
As most of you know, after 20 hours of labor I ended up with a c-section. Shaun was born at 9:56pm on September 26...one day before my due date. He was 7lbs 5 oz and 19 inches long. Although I am feeling great now, the recovery was a little rougher than I had expected. Nothing worse than hearing your baby cry at night and not being able to sit up to go to him without having someone help you. The first week was the worst. I don't know what I would have done without Mike and my family helping me.
Fast forward three weeks and I am feeling great. Still a little tender around my incision but all in all I feeling almost back to normal. I still have 4 more weeks before I am cleared to exercise and that has been a little frustrating. But Mike and I have been taking walks with Shaun so at least I am able to do that.
Now on to more important things...SHAUN!!! Motherhood has been an adjustment to say the least. It's amazing how quickly and drastically your life changes when you have a baby. I think at first it was all a little overwhelming to me. But now I am finally feeling like I am getting into a routine and I am enjoying every minute with my little boy. He is already changing so much. In the past week he has gone from being a baby that sleeps all day to having these 3 hour stretches of awake time. It's so cute to see him starting to discover things. The fan, his mobile in his crib, my face...I just love looking into his baby blue eyes. He's sleeping really well at night too. I feel so blessed to have such a good baby. He generally gets up once a night to eat...sometimes twice. And Mike has been such a big help. I don't know what I would do without him.
Well I know I will have plenty of time to update you more so for now I will sign off. Looking forward to sharing this journey with all of you! Lots of love!!!

Welcome to the blog world Kris! :) Can't wait to hear more updates on you, the family and Shaunie! Lots of love!
ReplyDelete